Capacity Building Blocks
Lay the foundation for a stronger organization in 10 weeks!
In these times of economic uncertainty, the competition for charitable gifts and government contracts has increased dramatically. By and large, foundations are not only looking to fund good causes, but they are looking to invest in well-run organizations that have the capacity to effect positive community change over the long term.
Capacity Building BlocksTM is a 10-week workshop series for nonprofit leaders who are serious about maximizing community impact. The interactive workshops provide an in-depth organizational assessment, and balance of instruction, case studies and group activities designed to help you strengthen your organization’s infrastructure, and position it for long term sustainability. You may participate in the entire series, or selected modules.
- Capacity Building Block 1TM Starting a New Organization
- Capacity Building Block 2TM Developing Effective Boards
- Capacity Building Block 3TM Strategic Planning vs. Business Planning
- Capacity Building Block 4TM Program Development
- Capacity Building Block 5TM Budgeting and Cash Flows
- Capacity Building Block 6TM Proposal Writing
- Capacity Building Block 7TM Marketing and Communications
- Capacity Building Block 8TM Evaluation Planning
- Capacity Building Block 9TM Technology Planning
- Capacity Building Block 10TM Regulatory Compliance
Who should attend:
- Board members of nonprofit organizations
- Leaders of emerging organizations
- Program managers with grantmaking responsibilities
- Church pastors and ministers
- Leaders of faith-based initiatives
- Nonprofit managers who have assumed new responsibilities
- Professionals who are contemplating mid-career transitions
- Students of community and/or organizational development
Contact Valerie at email@example.com if you are interested in bringing Capacity Building Blocks to your organization.